Consider the idea of a trip to New Zealand. It’s a land with beautiful scenery, fun places, and a whole lot of wildlife. The best way to see it all is to pack up a motorhome hire New Zealand and travel all around the country, stopping at the most iconic destinations—of which New Zealand has many.
If you’re considering the idea of traveling around in a motorhome hire New Zealand but don’t have that much time to do both the South Island and North Island, we’d suggest checking out the North Island the first time around.
The good news is that New Zealand is not a huge country, so you can have the opportunity to see plenty on a three day trip to North Island. Here are our suggestions on what to see when visiting the area:
- Visit Lake Taupo. Visiting Lake Taupo is a must for anybody traveling to New Zealand. It’s a beautiful destination whether you’re visiting in the summer, spring, or winter. In the caldera of a volcano, it’s a fascinating sight to see and one that promises many lake activities for the active visitor. With mountains in the distance, beautiful flowers blooming around the lake, and water as crystalline as can be, this is truly one of the most gorgeous spots in the country. Whether you enjoy kayaking or wind surfing, you can make sure to enjoy the active lifestyle you love while visiting this area of the North Island.
- Go to Tongariro National Park. Mount Tongariro and all of Tongariro National Park in fact is a destination that you must see while in North Island, New Zealand. A very unique area with historical and cultural significance, it’s certainly a place that you’ll want to see, especially as it is a dual World Heritage area. Gifted by the Maori people to New Zealand, you’ll discover why this park is one of the most beautiful and important ones in the country. The country’s oldest park is full of volcanoes, beautiful alpine likes, and plenty of hiking trails for the adventurer who wants to appreciate New Zealand’s beauty. If you visit in the winter, you’ll also be able to enjoy the ski fields in the park.
- Check out the Waitomo Caves. If you’re all about those glowworms, this is the place where you can capture the incredible sight of underground caves lit up with their presence. Blackwater rafting to see this incredible sight is something that you don’t want to miss while in the North Island. There are few places like this one in the world, so if you want to take full advantage of three days in North Island, this experience should certainly be high on your list of things to do and places to see.
- See the geothermal wonderland in Rotorua. The world of hot springs in New Zealand is a must-visit, both for it’s geothermal activity and also for the Maori presence found in this area of New Zealand. If you want a true glimpse at the traditions and homes of the Maori people, this is the place to be. While you’re at it, you can soak in hot springs and enjoy a Haangi meal with the locals. From relaxing at spas to visiting Maori villages, believe us when we say, this is an experience tha you want to have while visiting the North Island.
- Check out the Hobbiton movie set in Waikato. If you’re a Hobbiton movie fan, then you’re going to want to check out what the Hobbiton movie set is all about in Waikato. While the film was shot years ago, the set remains and it certainly is something that many people enjoy exploring when visiting this lovely countryside in the Waikato area.
What are you into?
Whether you love cycling, kayaking, sky diving, or simply relaxing, there is something for everyone on the North Island in New Zealand. As you can see, these are just a few of the amazing things that you can do in only one area of the country. South Island has so much more as well.You must visit in Zoom Property
Whether you’re visiting for three days or for a week, the above activities offer you plenty of opportunity for a satisfying time in New Zealand. Whether you’re big on the great outdoors or you are more a movie fanatic or culture buff, we promise that New Zealand won’t disappoint.
The best way to travel around the island to see all these fabulous spots is in a motorhome hire New Zealand. It will allow you to take your bed with you, get from one place to another in no time, and allow you to enjoy the beauty of the natural landscapes in the country. Are you ready for a beautiful adventure? North Island awaits.